Sunday, September 6, 2015

Late Summer Time

KFAM 061455Z AUTO 19007KT 10SM CLR 27/22 A3013

I haven't been doing much of anything on this blog. It's been hot, so my flying has been go up before 0900, if possible, fly around for 20-30 minutes, shoot some landings on the grass, and then put the airplane to bed and go on with the rest of the day.

Which is what I did this morning. I've been shooting at least three landings per flight, if I don't have a passenger. It's been making a difference in my landings, suggesting that I should be flying more than I do.

I did get in a "five states in 3.5 hours" flight last Spring, whee I landed in Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois and then back home to Missouri. It could also be called the "four airport facility directory" flight, since I landed in airports covered by four different editions (North Central, East Central, South Central and Southeast).

They haven't mowed the grass runway in a little bit.


Yes, the wheelpants are kind of scabrous-looking.

I flew in my sock feet this tie, first time I've tried taking my sneakers off. There was a little better feel to the pedals. I may look into buying a pair of traditional moccasins.

No comments: