Thursday, August 19, 2010

Keeping a Promise

Years ago, when I was getting my private ticket, I paid my CFI to give my kid sister a ride. I took a photograph of that day, which my father framed and is now in my sister's house. Her daughter asked about it when she was very young and, upon being told the story, wanted to know when her Aunt Stephanie would take her for a ride in her airplane. I promised her that I would when she was a little older.

My niece is nearly ten years old. I kept my promise this Summer.



Of course, that also meant that I had to take her kid brother up for a ride.



I kept both flights short, maybe ten or fifteen minutes. I also did them fairly early, before the heat of the day began generating thermals.

2 comments:

Frank Van Haste said...

Steph:

Thermonuclear cuteness! So, now, do we have a couple of future aviators there?

Regards,

Frank

Stephanie Belser said...

Frank, I'd hope so.