Sunday, January 2, 2011

Peppermint Oil

In an earlier post, I mentioned that a cotton ball soaked with real peppermint oil was a decent mouse deterrent.

It seems to work.

A few weeks ago, I noticed that the roll of paper towels that I keep in the airplane had been nibbled on. So I got some old knee-high stockings, some cotton balls and peppermint oil. I put one in the baggage compartment and one in the cabin.

The roll hasn't been nibbled on since.

So it does seem to work, but I reiterate that you probably have to go to a health food store to find genuine essential peppermint oil. The synthetic stuff won't do the job.

1 comment:

Frank Van Haste said...

Filed for future reference, Steph!

To date, N631S as not offered any evidence of critter issues, either avian or rodentia but it's noce to know what to do when and if.

Best wishes,

Frank