Monday, January 10, 2011

Sometimes, Sympathy Is Hard to Find
(a whining post, you have been warned)

I went to my home airport yesterday in order to brush the snow from my airplane and to shovel out around the tiedown. The wind was pretty strong, which meant that if I was not careful of where I stood, brushing the snow from the wings meant that I got a faceful of it.

So, after I was done doing that, I went to the airport FBO's building in order to get a cup of hot tea at the cafe.

When I passed through the office, another owner was trying to move to a west-facing hangar as he thought it was too rough to have a hangar that faced to the east.

I thought about that as I walked by, chilled half-way to the bone, that I'd love to be able to afford to keep my airplane in a hangar, regardless of the direction it faced. Life is tough for some people.

1 comment:

Frank Van Haste said...

Dear Steph:

You most assuredly have my sympathy. (There, there, does that feel better?)

Frank